Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ukraine Holidays and Traditions

This is Ukraine's Flag.
Before I tell you about my holidays and traditions there is one thing I was thinking about that is kind of interesting. Did you know that if you were to send a letter to me in Ukraine that was about more than 3 dollar bills thick I would not get it? This is because the people in the mail room go threw the mail and take letters that are thick because they think that it is just money. Even if there is no money on the inside they will take it anyway!

One of my favorite holidays is March 8. March 8 is International Women's Day. This day is to celebrates the day women fought for their rights. In America this holiday is called Day of Motherhood and Beauty and it is celebrated on April 7. We also have Christmas on December 25 just like you do. If you want to visit Ukraine the best day to come is on World Tourism Day which is September 27. Which means you just missed it for this year! But you can still come any time you want to! And today September 30 is my birthday! I am turning 16 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment