Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cat Festival

Hey I'm back! For the next couple of posts I'm going to tell you about some interesting things I've recently learned. One is a festival called the Cat Festival, just the name made me wonder about it. Back in the 962 A.D. the Count of Flanders, Baudoin the third, made his people throw two or three cats out of his castle to show the end to worshiping the animal. It became a festival, but was stopped in the 18th century. Then in 1817 one person went to the castle and throw a cat out of it. In 1938, the festival was assigned to the second Sunday in May. Instead of throwing live cats out of the castle, they now throw stuffed animal cats. Just like many parades in America, they have a Cat Parade with cat floats! I thought you'd think this was pretty crazy, so hope you enjoyed it
~Write later Jenna

2 comments: