Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Driving Here in France


It is almost my fifteenth birthday so I thought I would talk about our driving laws. Here in France, you can drive a motorcycle under 125cc at the age of fifteen. You need to be over eighteen to drive a motorcycle with a stronger engine(over 125cc). To own a car, you must be eighteen or over too. The speed limits here for the highway are 130 km/h for the highways. In the cities you have a limit of 50 km/h. On on open road you are allowed to go 90 km/h unless its wet. If its wet then you have to go 80 km/h. I'm glad I remember all these facts. I will need them for my driving test in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. So how is 125cc converted in to mph? So you ride a motorcycle at 15, but not a car. That's kinda weird, but it's the way of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 125cc is the power of the engine. A 125cc motorcycle has a max, depending on a few things about the bike, of about 85 MPH. That is for the average 125cc motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete