Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shopping in Iceland


Hello! I thought that I would tell you a little bit about the typical Icelandic shopping experience. Many people in America think that we do not have a lot of fashionable clothing. However, we love to shop for clothes. Although I'm the type of person who is more comfortable in blue jeans than in fashionable attire, I definitely live in an extremely fashionable city. Reykjavik is known for its various clothing stores. It is incredible; almost all of my friends shop in downtown Reyjavik. Although clothing in my country may appear a little over-priced, most people will tell you that it is worth the money. It is relatively inexpensive compared to the attire you will find in places such as New York City. You have to pay a good deal, but the quality of our clothing is considerably greater than the quality of clothing in some other countries. My favorite clothing store is Gallery Sautjan; you can get clothing for both adults and children there. They have great selections, such as this sweater shown on the left! There are two prominent malls: Kiringlan and Smaralind. One of the positive things about shopping in Iceland is that tourists can buy all of their clothing without tax. Bye for now!

1 comment: